Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fan Letter #2

March 21, 2012
Dear Mr. White,

Here it is, 22 months since my first fan letter. I have now seen you live. It was amazing. Everything you have for your fans, you put in the show.

You were only the second celebrity crush I have had in my life. It will sound totally phoney if I say who my teenage celebrity crush was for. At the time my crush for you started, I did not know how much you loved him as well. I was always infatuated with the man on the cover of Nashville Skyline. That album is still my favorite of his.

Everything I needed to discover with this blog, this obsession, has been found. Even things I didn't know I wanted. Here I am 22 months later, passionately in love with my husband, happy in my life, and even happy with who I am. All of it. I am happy to be me. And it all started by being surprised to suddenly have a new celebrity crush after 15 years.

So, thank you, Mr. White. Thank you for enduring the public eye to share your gifts. Thank you for playing small venues, where I was ten feet from the stage. Thank you for the energy you put into your music. Thank you for helping me reach this point in my life.

As for the obsession and this blog--I am released.

Sincerely,
Your happiest 30-something fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment